Building a new home at Flanders Woods offers the homebuyers distinct advantages such as:
- Custom Design: The new home at FW will be designed so that there’s a perfect fit of the homeowner and his/her new home. This will ensure that harmony between the architecture of their home and the landscape upon which the home will be situated exists, so that both heating and cooling costs will be lowered forever. Floor plans are designed around the arc of the sun during the wintertime, so that the interior of each home will be bathed in the warming sunlight that comes free from Mother Nature.
- The Heating Systems available on the new homes at Flanders Woods have a much greater emphasis on efficiency than those of just a few years ago do. The Weil-McLain cast iron boilers that we use all have Energy Star ratings.
- Windows & Doors The Andersen Silverline Windows and Therma-Tru fiberglass exterior doors are used in the new homes at Flanders Woods also have Energy Star ratings. There is no comparison between the energy rated efficiency in these products, when compared to those used even 10 years ago.
- Energy code Each new home at FW must be compliant with the REScheck National Energy Code. This code ensures that anything energy related has been addressed. Items like insulation, entry door and window efficiencies, boilers and passive solar exposure are all addressed.
- Low maintenance products for windows, exterior doors, siding and exterior trim and porch are used. There will be no more sanding, striping, painting or staining necessary. Normal sweeping and washing is all that’s required maintaining your home’s beauty.
- Roof 30 year architectural fiberglass based asphalt roof shingles are featured on each home.
- Decks are constructed with pressure treated framing and low maintenance decking and railing systems. Only virgin PVC products are used to ensure no yellowing will occur.
About Flanders Woods: Flanders Woods is a new freestanding condominium community of 16 homes in a beautiful subdivision–like setting in Coventry built in harmony with nature. It is non-age restricted and offers relaxed, carefree living coupled with “green building” design that results in energy savings year after year.
About the builder: Mark Lavitt of Coventry is the local designer, developer and builder of this complex. He prides himself on balancing energy-efficient, cost effective and low maintenance products for his new construction needs.